Value H2O’s green water cooler solutions to conventional bottled water coolers and typical spring water coolers are the clear choice for a greener future.
Bottled water has a massive negative impact on the environment, adding over 75,000 tonnes of rubbish each year to landfill, which can take hundreds of years to biodegrade. In addition, the energy required to manufacture and transport to market the mass produced bottles used in most water coolers severely drains limited fossil fuels and contributes heavily to carbon dioxide pollution in the atmosphere.
- it actually takes three times the amount of water to produce the bottle used in a conventional office water cooler as it does to fill it
- the annual energy resources used on bottled water production and distribution is over 50 million barrels of oil – the equivalent to run 3 million cars for a year
- spring water producers and bottled water companies, due to their unregulated use of valuable resources and their production of billions of plastic bottles, present a significant strain on the environment
- an estimated 25% or more of bottled water is often only just tap water in a bottle — sometimes further treated, sometimes not
- whilst spring water is often perceived to be the most superior water type in terms of purity and conjures mental images of as originating from untouched mountain springs, in reality, it’s not always the case
Switching from bottled office water coolers to green water coolers like our refillable office water coolers or plumbed in office water coolers is one of the fastest, easiest and most impactful steps we can take to help the planet.
Help us to save the planet from further pollution and destruction and ‘go green’ by choosing any of our office water coolers – that are all green water coolers – for an endless supply of cool, clear, filtered fresh drinking water that is also eco friendly.